Software - UltraUXThemePatcher
Many people know from experience, that the Windows design is nice, but sooner or later it will become boring and you wish to have a different design. And here is the problem, because to use 3. Party themes you have to modify some system files, which is not everybody's thing, or buy expensive software.
All this has now an end because the UltraUXThemePatcher for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (for 32bit and 64bit version) can do this automatically for you. Fast, free and without problems, because if your version should not be supported, the tool will recognize this and changes nothing. Do you want to support and improve the tool, you can mail me your uxtheme.dll and maybe in the next version of this it is supported.
I am interested in any kind of feedback!
- unproblematic installation
- fast, easy and free
- Modification of the own system files
- check the files for compatibility during the installation
- backup from the original system files
- rebuilding of the original system files through un-installation
- silent installation with parameter /S
- Support for 32bit and 64bit systems of Win XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8 and 8.1
- Solves problems with uninstaller, in special cases the uninstaller did not replace all backups.
- System restore point is created during the modification
- UltraUXThemePatcher 2.2 (159493 bytes) 322404 download(s)
- MD5 checksum: 826b312aba5c65a0a5423d10595fcd8f
- SHA512 checksum: f97a23f788019d847009d4af500e3dc3a0147cdfbe0ac81dee3a169907c51aacedba44fd633e6821bf4421c2d3f3fb6ddda61a842c14df63580874eb17b8d8db
Everyone who has a problem after the installation of this application should first look into the FAQ for a solution.
If no solution worked for you please get in contact by Email and please do not spam into the guestbook for this. Thanks.
Problem - Windows Updates broke various files (Windows 8)
After an update on Windows 8 the UxThemePatcher does not work anymore. How do I fix it?
Please use the latest versions available, there this problem was solved!
Problem - After uninstalling on Windows 8, the monitor remains black after restart
Every time I try to uninstall your application on Windows 8 the monitor remains black after the restart. How can I fix this?
Before uninstalling always a standard Windows theme should be selected. Thereafter the uninstallation should be started. Is this too late, only the safe mode and a restore point helps or a repair installation (inplace upgrade).
Problem - Completely undo changes
I want to completely undo the changes done through the application. How do I do it best?
First, always a standard Windows theme should be set, otherwise it may cause problems when booting (see problem 2). Thereafter, the application should simply be removed through software -> uninstall. All backups will be restored so the original files are back!
Problem - Display errors in the taskbar after update to Windows 8.1.
After upgrading to Windows 8.1, there are display errors when right clicking on the applications in the taskbar. How can I fix this?
Themes of Windows 8 are not compatible with Windows 8.1. Therefore, please contact the developer of the theme, I can not help you here!